CAPA January 2018 Pacific Zone Print Challenge
CVCC Entry Deadline Midnight: Saturday, January 20th, 2018
Drop off prints to Rachel Penney: 22-1700 Pritchard Road, Cowichan Bay
There will be a box at front door if I am not at home.
Please be sure to send me a digital version of your print using CAPA’s size and colour space criteria.
Contact Ph: 250 715 0911 or Email: email@example.com (don’t forget the extra “e” in penney)
CVCC Entries Judging: 7PM Thursday, January 25th, 2018
2018 Pacific Zone Print Challenge Rules
- Each club entry shall be up to a maximum of 10 prints. One print per club member with the exception of clubs with fewer than ten members. In this case two prints from the same photographer will be accepted.
- A photographer may participate in only one Club’s entry. Clubs will be penalized if a photographer has entered an image in more than one club.
- Prints may be monochrome or colour, each section will be judged separately. Black and white prints that have been “selectively” coloured in a localized area are classified as colour, e.g., an orange canoe or red barn leaving all else gray, black or white. If there is confusion as to whether a print is monochrome or colour, the host club will decide.
- Subject is the choice of the photographer, must be suitable for viewing by any age group.
- Minimum print size: approx. 80 square inches (8″x10″). Maximum print size is 16″ x 20″.
- Prints must be behind a window mat. Outside edge of the mat is 16″ x 20″. The size of the window in the mat is your choice, but more than 80 sq inches. The window mat and print are attached to a firm 16×20″ backing board (mat board).
16×20 edge to edge prints do not require a window mat, but they must have a firm backing board like mat board.
We don’t want 5×7 prints (35 sq inches.)
The bigger the image itself is, the easier or the judges to see and score it.
Only Black or White Mats are permitted. No framed prints.
- All entries must be labeled on the back of the print, top right corner:
Photographer’s name ……………………………………………………
Phone number ……………………………..
- If the photographer’s name appears on the front of the print, the print will not be judged.
- Prints previously entered in the Pacific Zone Print Challenge or have placed (1st place to 10th) in any competition are ineligible. The host club will make the final decision for acceptance of any prints.
2018 CAPA PACIFIC ZONE PRINT CHALLENGE INVITATION
The Darkroom Group is pleased to invite all CAPA clubs in the Pacific Zone to participate in the 2018 Print Challenge.
- _The Challenge will take place on Saturday, 17 February 2018, in the Gymnasium of Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship, 1160 Lansdowne Drive, Coquitlam BC. V3B 5V8
- _Judging will start promptly at 12:30 PM. Members of all clubs and the public are welcome.
- _The prints will be on display until awards are presented (approx. 4:00pm)
- _Scores will be e-mailed to participating clubs as soon as possible.
- _CAPA Medals (Gold, Silver, Bronze) will be awarded to the photographers with the three highest scoring prints at the competition and the clubs with the three highest scores. Seven Honour Award photographers will receive certificates mailed to their clubs. Jpegs of winning entries (1st, 2nd, 3rd place and Honour Awards) will be sent to Canadian Camera Magazine and CAPA’s website. All awards will be recognized at the competition.
- _Entry images may be used for advertising future Pacific Zone Print Challenge or any CAPA event with credit to the photographer.
- _A proshow of competition images and awards will be sent to the CAPA Clubs.
Please plan to attend this Competition! Show admission is $5.00 per person to cover room rental and refreshments.
The Darkroom Group plan to display their work!